Sunday, August 16, 2009

From JEFF: Swim Moved to Monday

Well it was set for this evening at 6 p.m., but the wind picked up over the course of the afternoon and there were white caps from here to France. My pilot (now Lance Oram) said it wouldn't have been worth it to dump me in the water tonight and we'll give it another go in the morning. We're set for 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. Now I can start and finish in the daylight. Good thing is I will be able to see....We hope.


  1. Lets hope for smooth waters in the morning! Looking forward to tracking your successful crossing tomorrow. Enjoy the sun on your back.

  2. Get some sleep. We all are cheering for you and can't wait to watch your progress. Glad to read that you will get to be swimming in some light and hopefully some heat.
    Good luck!

  3. Hey Jeff:

    Victoria hasn't spent this much time on our laptops since Al Gore invented the internet. Keep the faith and stroke by stroke tomorrow the trek begins.

    I swam at Ft. Ben today and it was actually a little on the cool side. In honor of you and Adam. he he he

    Take the French a old fashioned 1/4 pounder if they dare accept it. Tuck it in front.